Thursday, February 18, 2010

Purple Eighties Drape Mini Dress


The colour of this dress jumped out at me in the middle of a rack full of dresses. It's from an antique shop up the semi-deserted end of Pakington St in Geelong. The shop has a really good section of vintage clothing, with some amazing vintage hats! I dragged my sister up there with me. I remember pulling this out of the rack and asking her if she liked it. She said, flatly, "no". But i didn't care. It was love. This picture was taken at the Perth Fashion Festival Opening Night in 2009. It was bitterly cold so a teamed it with thick black stockings and black suede wedges.


It's difficult to see in the pick but it has big embroided roses on it. They are the same colour as the dress though so they don't steal the limelight. The fabric sort drapes across the front and gathers at the hip. It is loose fitting (almost like a shift dress) so i can eat as much as i like! It has small built-in shoulder pads. I'm always hestitant to buy clothes with built in shoulder pads because it's difficult to remove them if you want to. But I couldn't say no to this dress. The tag only says "by Ottino". It was $35 and worth every penny.

The Shop: Kenny's Antiques and Collectables, 51-55 Pakington St, Geelong VIC

No comments:

Post a Comment